Friday, July 2, 2010

In Paradise?

Aloha!
We've been adjusting to the four hour time difference. I didn't expect four hours to make a significant difference, but it has! We're enjoying the food and floating in the ocean. At night, we look out our window to the torches on the beach and leave our sliding glass door open to hear the waves crashing against the shore. It's my favorite time of the day. I like getting to shower (so nice!), doing my hair, putting on make-up, and wearing clothes that don't have stains on them. :) It's been fun for Bryan and I to relax, laugh, and just appreciate having peace. When we eat out, we have to remind ourselves to slow down and enjoy. We're so used to being as efficient as possible while eating since we usually have the girls squawking at us. We're so thankful they're safe and happy with Grans, but we do miss them...a lot. There are many, many little children here and we have a mixture of feelings while watching them splash and cry at the beach. I wish our girls were here, BUT I certainly enjoy the sleeping whenever I wish and enjoying leisurely meals. :)
Tomorrow we'll go get the shaved ice that Jeffy speaks so highly of. :)




3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys are having loads of fun! I'm so happy! I know that bitter-sweet feeling of leaving the kids, but you know they are having a ball with Grans. What a joy! Have fun enjoying each other! You are the best! Love to brother Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks soooo nice! Keep enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you went and I'm so glad you appreciated your relaxing time. Your girls are precious little lambs and so blessed to have such a kind, gentle mama!

    ReplyDelete