After a long day of travel and a very long, scary descent into Denver (I quietly cried into my fleece for about an hour because I didn't want my little babies to be motherless and fatherless and I'm pregnant so my hormones are wacky to say the least), we are finally home. Sophie was still awake when we got home and it was so comforting to hold her and cuddle in her bed. She told me all about her week. She told me about her movie date with Grampy to Toy Story 3 and how it was "a little bit scary..." It was such music to my ears just to hear her little voice. We didn't talk on the phone while we were gone because we didn't want to upset her and have Grans with an unnecessary sadness on her hands, so I missed hearing her little comments throughout the days. She was sweet this morning and then about 10am, she got comfortable again and didn't hesitate to remind little sister that she is the LITTLE sister. I actually was thankful (for once) to see that behavior just because I felt so out of touch after six days of absence and I was glad to see that she was being herself again. :)
After I cuddled with Sophie, I went in to Clara's room and picked her up. She was still in a sleepy daze so she rested her head on my shoulder and put her little arms around my neck. I stood there for a few minutes rocking her and loving her little scent.
I wasn't the most cheery travel companion for Bryan. :( I got kind of bored. I know that getting bored in Hawai'i seems a bit ridiculous, but I am SO used to my days being consumed with our girls that to just sit for even five minutes in peace, felt like an hour. After a couple days I became a bit fidgety. Bryan was very tolerant, for which I am thankful. <3
Being back home has made me so thankful. Thankful for our girls and what precious (albeit often challenging) big gifts their little lives are. I feel led to pray more specifically about my heart for them and for Bryan. For patience and kindness. I remember hearing a woman on the radio a couple years back talk about her walk with the Lord and her challenges as a mother and wife. She said she was always trying so hard to be the perfect wife and mother. And she'd get so frustrated when she'd stumble throughout her days. Then, she finally figured it out. Just as with everything else in our lives that we try to do on our own (and fail, mostly), we can't do it on our own. The Lord didn't design us to "work" independently from him. That said, the best way I can serve my husband and sweet babes is to come to the Lord every morning and simply ask that he lead me through the day and provide me the patience and kindness that, quite frankly, most days I am incapable of.
To sum up, I'm thankful for my sweet family and thankful for imperfection.
Off to bed. <3
Yea for you, good mommy! Your girls adore you and they missed you terribly! I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! You are a wonderful mama, and I'm so glad that you are loving them and Bryan with the love that only Jesus can provide. You are so very sweet! I love you.
ReplyDelete