Saturday, March 19, 2011
A Fresh Perspective
Here are my new shoes that are supposed to carry me through the 45 pounds I have to lose. I asked the employee at the store if he runs (he was wearing this type of shoe). He chuckled and responded, "I jog." I said, "Well if you jog, then I have no idea what to call what I do." I told Jeff that I didn't like the first pair of shoes I purchased (before these fun ones), and he asked, "What did you expect them to do?" No, I did not expect them to make running effortless, but wouldn't that be nice if there was such a shoe?
If you were to drive by me while I am out on our neighborhood block "jogging", you would probably whisper under your breath, "she's...not...going...to...make...it." I have no intention of becoming a "runner" who incessantly updates everyone in their life about the length they ran on a given day, but I do enjoy it for now. To be out in the fresh air for 15 minutes, by myself, is a gift to me.
So, here's to a bit more exercise (some is better than the NONE I've done in the past seven years) and my slightly better eating habits. Here's to a healthier me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh yes, a healthy YOU! I like that. I love the picture of the girls with you laughing in the mirror! Happy blog writing! YOU are good! Oh, and I love my lambie love (all ratty and adored by Bug) in the header!
ReplyDeleteYes, here is to a healthier us. It is fun, isn't it? I love you!
ReplyDeleteHave fun running in your snazzy shoes!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all - the picture up top of all the girls screams that Miss Bug is going to be your "Jenny" of the crew.... Sorry - she's a sweet little nut bag.... You're blog made me giggle. "Shes...not...going...to...make...it..." HA! I make one swift sprint and than my chest feels like it is about to collapse in on me... Sometimes I even walk slower to give Scott the impression that I ran REALLY far. I like your shoes! Maybe they will make you run faster! Well - nice blogging and thanks for the laughs at the end of a lonnnnng week! love you
ReplyDeletexoxo